Thursday, June 27, 2013

Purple greeting card

Generally I make stuff with images that God puts in my head. While this is also one such inspirations, this is the first time I looked at something and fixed my colour scheme based on it. I got the colour scheme for this from the Itsy Bitsy "All-that-glitters" challenge inspiration. It is a very amazing and rich combination. Purple and gold. I live outside India and had some real trouble getting art supplies especially quilling stuff, till I heard about Itsy bitsy. Now I order whenever one of our friends go to bangalore and they pick it up when they come. I am one happy crafter!
Getting back to the card... I have not added any sentiments to this card because I decided I will add it when I actually decide where it will go. So here is the card, sans sentiments.


Here is a close up of one of the flowers I made for this card. 


Here is a closer look at the details. I have added swirls, some buds and some gold coloured flowers. I have edged the sentiment area with a quilling technique. 


Here is what the inside looks like.


I have used paper punches on this page


Here I have used the same quilling strips as outside and have used glitter pens for the details. 


I have not used a folded card but have used the satin ribbon to bring cards together. They are tied like a shoe lace, so they stay in place


Here is the box cover I made for it. I made it a box cover to keep the quilling safe. 


I made the little embellishment on top and added the purple strips to add feature





2 comments: