Monday, June 24, 2013

Greeting Card

Well... here's another greeting card. Guess what... I discovered my box of sequins from India... And there is a lot more left where it came from ... This is one of those "phewwww!!!!" projects because of the too many small parts and a little busy body at home. I caught him trying wear a sequin on his ear like I wear my earring. I must say this little guy is innovative. The other day he ripped off a child lock to make a radio socket for his headphone... he had watched Curious George playing radio jockey... so phewwwww... here goes...

For this card, I first made the star. I first coated the base with silver and gold metallic acrylic paints. More gold in the middle and more silver towards the edges and then lined the star with quilling and then filled the inside with beehive style quilling.





Once the star was in place, I silvered the sheet some more and added the crystal liners. I folded the card so that the second page would slightly peek out of the facing page. I put a line of crystal on the peek so it looks like a lining to the facing page when closed. 


Here is what it looks like on the inside. 








A box cover for the card. 



Itsy Bitsy challenge

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Cynthia the cards are really cute. Its sure a hard work managing stuff like these with little ones around. WE HAVE TO BE REALLY REALLY CAREFUL!!!:) My little one swallowed a sequin and and it ended up in his (potty:)). Thank God, it came out!

    Cynthia, change to comment moderation instead of the one you have now. Its really taking a long time to post any comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi cynthia, just now saw your challenge entry at itsy bitsy blog.. you should give a link back in your post to the challenge.You won't believe, when I first saw these cards, I thought of telling you to post for the challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah... U must have had trouble because I was busy changing the size of the pics so many times:-P.... the post would have gone into edit mode many times...
      heh heh... some "treasure hunt" that must have been!!! I will add the challenge link... I am working on one more... though it is not not as glittery as this one. Guess who gave the idea for this card...

      Delete
  3. Hi Cynthia,
    I'm telling about the current method you have for posting comments, i.e., (prove you are not a robot and asking to type two words.Its really tiring:(! ) instead you change in the settings, to comment moderation so that all comments will be in your inbox and you can approve them. I hope you got it!:)

    And for your question, who's idea? I'm clueless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh sorry about that sarah! the word check was on. i had no clue it ws on... I saw that star when I was praying!

      Delete
  4. oh! wonderful Cynthia.. Again u won't believe if I tell u this.... I was about to tell u in my first comment, that "It looks like the star of Bethlehem!". Now I can understand:)

    ReplyDelete